Providing your clients with peace of mind Home Emergency cover
With Home Emergency cover we are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The MIS Insurance Home Emergency policy is not designed to replace their buildings and contents insurance policies and will not provide assistance for normal day to day maintenance.
There are three distinct policies available, with the basic contract designed to cover home emergencies only and offer assistance in making their home safe, secure and habitable after an insured event.
The additional policies, if purchased provide cover for their central heating system, the annual servicing of their boiler; the provision of a Carbon Monoxide alarm and if your clients select the Gold policy, a motor breakdown and legal expenses contract. The table below summarizes the cover available within each contract.
What is Home Emergency?
An emergency is a sudden and unexpected event which, if not dealt with quickly would:
- Render the property unsafe or insecure
- Damage or cause further damage to the property
- Cause personal risk to you.
The following are situations that are classed as emergencies:
- Your toilet won't flush or it's blocked and there are no other toilets in the property
- There is a totally blocked drain within the boundry of the Property
- You lose all power / lights to your property and it can't be reinstated by resetting the fuse board
- You have lost your keys, have no spareset and cannot either secure or gain entry to your property
- You have snapped a key in a lock and cannot either secure or gain entry to your property
- There is a wasps or hornets' nest inside or near your property
- You discover you have an infestation of rats in your property
- A water pipe suddenly starts leaking and is likely to cause damage to the property or its contents.
Events which are not classed as emergencies:
- Any incident which has been happening for some time and is not sudden
- General maintenance to your property
- Dripping taps or showers.