Household Insurance - How to make a claim
In the event of an accident, loss or damage to the Home or property which might give rise to a claim, contact MIS Claims on:
ROI Policy 01 872 0179 UK Policy 028 90 410 220
You can make any temporary repairs as soon as possible but keep the receipts as these may form part of your claim. We must have the chance to inspect the damage before you can carry out permanent repairs.
If You need to make a claim under this policy, You must do the following:
- Provide Us with full details of Your claim as soon as possible after the event and always within 30 days.
- Immediately notify the police following loss or damage by theft, attempted theft, malicious damage, violent disorder, riots or civil commotion and obtain a crime reference number.
- Take all steps necessary to reduce further loss, damage or injury.
- Provide Us with all information and evidence, including written estimates and proof of ownership and value that We may request.
- Do not under any circumstances effect full repairs without Our prior written consent.
- Under no circumstances must You admit any liability or responsibility, or negotiate or settle any aspect of any claim without Our permission in writing.
On receipt of notification of a claim, We may do the following:
- Enter any Building following loss or damage.
- Negotiate, defend or settle any claim made against You.
- Prosecute In Your name for Our benefit any other person in respect of any claim We may have to pay.
- Appoint a loss adjuster to handle the claim on Our behalf.
- Arrange to repair the damage to the Building and/or any other property or item and handle any salvage appropriately
Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and representatives) Act 2012
Under this act it is the duty of the consumer to take reasonable care not to make a misrepresentation to the Insurer either before a Consumer Insurance Contract is entered into or varied.
For the purposes of this Act a qualifying misrepresentation is deliberate or reckless if the consumer:
Knew that it was untrue or misleading, or did not care whether or not it was true or misleading and knew that the matter to which the misrepresentation related was relevant to the Insurer, or did not care whether or not it was relevant to the Insurer.
Any such misrepresentation could invalidate your insurance cover and mean that part or all of any claim on the policy may not be paid.
UK GENERAL INSURANCE LTD PRIVACY NOTICE
We are UK General Insurance Ltd, referred to as “we/us/our” in this notice. Our data controller registration number issued by the Information Commissioner’s Officer is Z7739575
This privacy notice is relevant to anyone who uses our services, including policyholders, prospective policyholders, and any other individuals insured under a policy. We refer to these individuals as "you/your” in this notice.
We are dedicated to being transparent about what we do with the information that we collect about you. We process your personal data in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation.
Why do we process your data?
The provision of your personal data is necessary for us to administer your insurance policy and meet our contractual requirements under the policy. You do not have to provide us with your personal data, but we may not be able to proceed appropriately or handle any claims if you decide not to do so.
What information do we collect about you?
Where you have purchased an insurance policy through one of our agents, you will be aware of the information that you gave to them when taking out the insurance. The agent will pass your information to us so that we can administer your insurance policy.
For specific types of insurance policies, for example when offering you a travel insurance policy, we may process some special categories of your personal data, such as information about your health.
We have a legitimate interest to collect this data as we are required to use this information as part of your insurance quotation or insurance policy with us. We may also process the data where it is necessary for a legal obligation, or as part of the establishment or defence of a legal claim.
UK General’s full privacy notice
This notice explains the most important aspects of how we use your data. You can get more information about this by viewing our full privacy notice online at http://ukgeneral.com/privacy-notice [^] or request a copy by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to us at: Data Protection, UK General Insurance Ltd, Cast House, Old Mill Business Park, Gibraltar Island Road, Leeds, LS10 1RJ.