Property Let insurance
Great Value Residential Let Property Insurance
The MIS Residential Let Property product is a ‘value for money’ policy based on a selected sum insured for Buildings with white goods contents of £5000 and general landlord contents of £7500 automatically included on an indemnity basis. You can choose between a single property risk or a portfolio of properties with the same renewal date.
||Sum Insured on the Policy Schedule
|Contents Indemnity cover
||£5000 White Goods £7500 general contents
|Loss of Rent Buildings
||Any amount over 10% of schedule for buildings
|Loss of Rent Contents
||Any amount over 10% of the sum insured shown on the schedule for contents
|Domestic Liability Public
|Domestic Liability Employees
||Accidental Cover available as an option, low policy excess 24/7 Claims Line
Let Property Cover Assumptions
Unless otherwise stated in your policy schedule it is assumed the property is:
- In an area free from Flooding and is not within 100 metres of any property or development, which has Flooded or located at least 100 metres from, any river, seafront, estuary or watercourse.
- In an area free from Subsidence and is not within 200 metres of any property or development which has been subject to Subsidence.
- Maintained in a good state of repair, built after 1919 and not under construction, renovation, restoration or extension.
- Of standard construction and if it has a flat roof it is no more than 25% of the total roof area covered. Any flat roof must be inspected by an independent professional at least every 5 years.
- Protected by mortice deadlocks or deadlocking rim latches and all French doors, patio doors and accessible windows are fitted with key operated security locks and secured when the property is unoccupied.
- Occupied by a person by virtue of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement, within the meaning of the Housing Act 1988 and 1996 and directly between You and the Tenant.
- Not left Unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days at any one time.
Neither You, any joint policyholder or any member of your family has in respect of the insured property:
- made more than 1 claim in the last 36 months or had any claim over £5000.
- ever had a proposal for insurance declined, renewal refused, cover terminated or special
terms or conditions imposed by any insurer.
- ever been convicted of, or have any prosecution pending for any criminal offence (other
than minor motoring offences).
- Been declared bankrupt, the subject of an IVA or has any court judgements against them.
About the cover:
Unless otherwise stated in your policy schedule:
- You accept there is no Accidental Damage cover for Your Buildings or Contents.
- You accept there is no cover for any items outside the Property.
- You accept there is no cover for Valuables under this policy.